Thursday 5 January 2017

Chill, It's Your Birthday

A belated Happy New Year to one and all!
I'm finally back in the land of the living after having a nasty bug over the festive season, I've been knocked sideways by it over over three weeks but am getting back on my feet now.
This card is the one that I made for my Mum's birthday, which is on Christmas Eve, I just hadn't got round to blogging it due to not being well.
 I used a John Lockwood for Creative Expressions stamp set for this card, heat embossing the central piece with white embossing powder and decoupaging the flowers, and, using a snowdrop cluster stamp, I stamped in green ink on patterned paper to create a matching background.  The stamp set comes with a variety of sentiments, I chose "Chill, It's Your Birthday" to add to my frosty card.  I also added some glitter and gems to the topper for a touch of sparkle.
The patterned paper is Papermania Capsule Collection in Eau de Nil, to which I've added white and eau de nil card for matting.  The doily was cut with an Xcut die in white pearl card.
To embellish, I added a double bow, some tiny punched snowflakes and blobs of white Nuvo Drops.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Crafty Gals Corner - #104 - Use Something New - New Stamp Set
The Crafter's Cafe - #164 - Monochrome
Crafty Girls Creations - #32 - Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - #332 - Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. DELIGHTFUL card!
    LOVE your elegant design, such beautiful soft colours and pretty layers!
    Thank You for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful!
    Thank you for joining The Crafter's Cafe Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card... Love the soft colors..Thank you so much for playing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Hugs xx Deepti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.